Re: Linux releases

Hi,

> If you must go this route, use egcs (kgcc) to compile the kernel, rcslib, and
> EMC. Delete gcc and g++, or rename them, and make links to egcs for both
> compilers. Kernel versions 2.4.5 and above generate numerous errors with egcs,
> but rtai will not compile with gcc 2.96. With Jon Elson's ppmc code in the CVS
> sources, the rtai build of EMC is broken - Jon or myself need to add a bunch of
> #ifdefs and #includes to fix it.
Feeling bored ;-) I tried compiling RTAI 24.1.6a on kernel 2.4.9 last week
with egcs. All the rtai examples where fine, and even rcslib build correctly,
but the emc part did not. Is there any way to reverse this ppmc patch/code or
just #ifdef 0 it out ? Where do I have to look ? I used fresh cvs for that.

Regards
Max

--
Max Heise <max.heise-at-gmx.net>
Student Mechatronik/Automatisierungstechnik