Re: EMC Control Panel

Hi Bill

Adding to Ray's comments here - As each point is first plotted, a subroutine
looks to see if it is part of a straight line move. Only when a change of
direction is detected is the coordinate stored. This has two advantages, it
reduces the amount of memory required to run the backplotter, and replotting
the trace is much faster. Even with the reduced number of calculations required
for each plot, if motion wasn't paused, data would be lost.
Backplotting was never realy intended to be used on a 'real' machine, only for
simulations, so this pausing shouldn't be an issue.

Regards, Paul.