rh62, rtlin3.0 emc 1.1.17.src.tgz

Hello All,

I am trying to install emc software on linux with the following
characteristics, Red Hat 6.2 with kernel 2.2.18 and Rtlinux 3.0 and emc
tar ball from Jan 17th 2001 and 8 axis STG model II card.

since emc from that date does not had support for the above combo I
copied the files from rcslib/etc/linux_2_2_17.def and rtlinux_2_2.def
to linux_2_2_18 and rtlinux_3_0.def basically modifying the location of
the rtlinux include and lib files.

I had to wack(yes! I wacked not hacked it) the /usr/include/sys/io.h
file to include the /usr/include/asm/io.h so stg_v2_8axis_mod.o file
would load successfully using insmod, it was complaining that object
ioremap was not defined.

now, it loads succesfully, but I am trying to run emc.run with
bridgeport kind TASK and EMCIO, the problem I am facing right now is
that it is not working properly. I used "strace" to see what libraries
it was opennig and see that rcs_shm_mem calls shmget library keys value
in the 1001 to 1005 range, most of the time asking to create the shared
memory segment, next bridgeportio calls rcs_shm_mem, from usrmotintf.c
with a key value of 100.

 I see the 1001 to 1005 values come from the emc.nml file (from strace)
and the value of 100 comes from SHMEM_KEY, which is defined in emc.ini
for simulated motion tests.

I have the following questions....

1.- why there are no files under emc/plat/rtlinux_xx/bin ?
2.- I want to bring emc up and running using the STGII card before
getting into connecting the mill or lathe, is this posible.
3.- Why there are no emcserver nor emcstrip values in emc.ini?
4.- does it make a difference to specify realtime vs nonrealtime in the
PLAT values for EMCIO and TASK sections?
5.- Is there a way to get around this shared memory segment issue?

I just got the latest cvs repository and will give it a try.

I appreciate your help very much your help,

regards,
esv.