Re: EMC Real world

On Mon, Sep 10, 2001 at 09:45:48AM -0400, Ethan Vos wrote:
> In terms of stepper drives, am I better to use the existing Compumotor Zeta
> drives or change to something like the Gecko? I need the stepper to receive
> 5,000 steps/rev and 5 rev/inch so 25,000 steps/inch. My target is 10 inches
> per second so I need 250,000 steps/sec.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Ethan

250k / sec sounds fast for freqmod.   thinks: thats 2us interrupt rate for freqmod.
Judging on my box you'd need a 2-4ghz pc.   Or a clever stepper controller
and rather high voltage drive to the motors.
perhaps a lower external gear ratio to drop the 5,000 steps/rev by 10x
would be the go?
regards, john