Re: phase stepping

Hi Paul

I had no real issues installing over rh62.
Needed mount, nfs-utils, I had to delete some rtlinux2
include diectories and had to force the odd rpm for valid reasons.

regarding BDI-2.09, it died in anaconda after disk partitioning
then selecting KDE workstation. Python traceback with no obvious cause.
I can manage one language at once (apart from local flavour english) and this
year I'm afraid ite perl.

I think its just an unusual box. In past ages it was my fileserver then
firewall, and its run various linuxes for many years. But it
flatly refused a RH7.2 install I tried on it last week.
ppro 150,
bash> /sbin/lspci
00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation 440FX - 82441FX PMC [Natoma]
(rev 02)
00:07.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation 82371SB PIIX3 ISA [Natoma/Triton
II] (rev 01)
00:07.1 IDE interface: Intel Corporation 82371SB PIIX3 IDE
[Natoma/Triton II]
00:08.0 VGA compatible controller: S3 Inc. 86c764/765 [Trio32/64/64V+]
(rev 44)
00:0b.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co.,
Ltd. RTL-8029(AS)
bash>

the 8029 is running ne2k-pci drivers, and I was doing a dhcp/ftp install
from my main box here. (cdrom died). Thats how rh62 installed.

regards, john