Re: Using DRO data for feedback

From: "Allen" <allenf-at-choice.net>

> Open the Tkemc file up with an editor and every place you
> see linux_2_2_17, replace it with linux_2_2_18.
> Then save.

Okay, looked in there and everything looks to be 18 already.
So, so far so good.

> > Is there a specific format this needs to be in?
> > The reason I ask is this is what I have -
> > INPUT_SCALE=                  1000          0
> > OUTPUT_SCALE= 1000.000 0.000
> >
> Just put your values in place of the 1000
> The zero to the right is for offset, which
> I'm clueless about. I just left it alone.

Okay did this.

> These numbers sound right to me but following
> me could be a dead end <Big Grin>.
> We both might fall off a cliff !!! LOL

Well, I'm hoping that somebody along the way will go,
"Oh! You idiot, you need to change *this*..."

If nothing else, maybe my fumbling around will help somebody else
in the sense that they'll have a map of what *not* to do.

> > Tune my motors?
> > Ack.
> > They haven't arrived yet. Hopefully Monday.
> > Is this something I have to do physically?
> > Does this have to be done first?
>
> You can get the encoders reading on the screen
> without the motors.
> Tuning them is done in the emc.ini file
> There are several settings. Read up on all
> you can about this at linuxcnc.org.

I went, I saw, I read.
Now I'm *really* confused. (:>)

Just to make sure, I tried that drotest file again.
I get readout from it.
I also made a dos boot disk with the dos dro file on it
and booted the machine with it and ran dro.
Got a lovely read out from it as well.
I just can't get read out in emc.

I'm stuck.

Weyland