Re: Using DRO data for feedback

From: "Allen" <allenf-at-choice.net>

> Well I don't know what went wrong, but I'll
> outline the steps and then some.

Okay, I'm game...

> 1. Remove the line that reads "#define extern" from
> the dro.c file located in /usr/local/emc/src/emcmot

Check...

> 2. Next run the BDI_build script to recompile.

Check...

> 3. edit the Tkemc file located in
> /usr/local/emc/plat/linux_2_2_18/bin.
> Change all references of linux_2_2_17 to linux_2_2_18.
> Emc-run will not work until this is done.
> I can't speak about the other icons as I only use emc-run.

Uhhhh...am I looking for file names, or stuff in the files?
Looking at file names, there are no file names using any of that.
It's not letting me look *in* the files, because they all look like
executables.

> 4. Edit your emc.ini file.
> Type in if needed "EMCMOT=smdromod.o" and make it the
> active motion program in the EMCMOT section.
> In each axis section, set the input and output scale.
> Input scale = encoder counts per 1 inch
> Outputs scale = stepper motor counts per 1 inch

Okay, check...but...
Is there a specific format this needs to be in?
The reason I ask is this is what I have -
INPUT_SCALE=                  1000          0
OUTPUT_SCALE= 1000.000 0.000

So, which of those numbers do I change?
My encoders have 120 holes, giving me 480 ppr,
which results in 4800 p/inch with a 10 pitch screw.
The motors are 200/400 steps.
Figuring I'll be using a chopper driver, is that 4000?

> You are close Weyland.

Funny...I don't *feel* close... (:>)

> Before I ran smdromod I ran freqmod and got my
> motors tuned first. smdromod uses freqmod in
> its code. That eliminates most tuning issues
> if you have problems when switching over to
> smdromod. Pretty much you can figure it's an
> encoder problem or input scale setting.

Tune my motors?
Ack.
They haven't arrived yet. Hopefully Monday.
Is this something I have to do physically?
Does this have to be done first?

Feeling really lost,

Weyland