Re: smdromod adventures

From: "Allen" <allenf-at-choice.net>

> As everyone probably knows by now, I've had
> no luck getting encoder feedback on the
> Z axis. X and Y are fine. They move a little
> funny but that's another bridge to cross later.
>
> I got my emc box back and browsed thru the source
> code in dro.c and sure enough it looks to me
> like it will accept and read 3 axis input.
>
> I stumbled upon a script called "drotest" in the
> /emc/plat/linux-x-x-x/bin directory. I ran this
> from the console and it recognizes the dro card,
> the address, and all 4 axis.

Hmmmm...
I still don't have any encoder feedback either, so I went looking for this
file.
Clicking on it didn't do a thing.
Opened up a terminal and nothing happened.
So I decided to experiment and try the chmod commands you gave me before.
*Now* it works.
Only, not in GUI still, only in terminal.
What gives?

> Anybody out there have some thoughts about this?

Yeah, whatever you got, I pro'ly have it too.
Too much to learn, and not enough hours in the day or candles to burn.

Weyland