RE: More Tkemc stuff

Ethan

The source that I seem to keep close to is

http://tcl.activestate.com/software/

There is a nice link there for the new user that describes a lot of the
resources available.

On Tue, 04 Sep 2001, Ethan wrote:
> Based on an earlier e-mail from you I have changed the Set_Coordinates to
> update as soon as the "Write" button is pushed. Would that work if I am
> updating variable # 1000?

Sure.  Add a entry widget to it that sets #1000 in the same way that the
other entry widgets work to set coordinate values.  Or write a new script
that lets you enter any var number and set a value to it.

> I have in mind to set the variables once at the beginning of a run of parts
> and write the G-code to use variables instead of values. Does EMC read the
> variables every time through the program so changes would be reflected the
> next time it's run?

Dunno for sure but I think so if you end your program with M2 or M30.

HTH