Re: hardware wrappers

Hi,

look at your ini file:
[EMCMOT]
 EMCMOT =               stgmod.o
makes you use the stg board

; EMCMOT =              stg8mod.o
is for the 8 axis board.

In addition look at your plat/rtlinx_3_0/ directory for other modules.
I do not know whether the stg2 board is supported by stgmod.o. There is perhaps
a stg2mod.o or stg2.o somewhere in the subdirs of plat/rtlinx_3_0/.

An put your cards base address in the ini file too:
; Base address of Servo To Go board
STG_BASE_ADDRESS =      0x200
; STG_BASE_ADDRESS =    0x300

Don McLane has just recently written a stg section of the linuxcnc handbook. I
quote his email here:
<quote>
stg section of handbook  (Don McLane, Thu Aug 30 04:40:51 2001)
I uploaded the first iteration of the Servo To Go section of the Linuxcnc
Handbook.  I'd like to get some feedback, if anyone has time to look it
over.  Here's how to jump right to it:

http://www.linuxcnc.org/handbook/stg/stgindex.html

Thanks,

Don
</quote>

Hope this helps

Max

--
Max Heise <max.heise-at-gmx.net>
Student Mechatronik/Automatisierungstechnik