Re: Using DRO data for feedback

> > download a file from the drop box at linuxcnc.org
> > called "BDI-build.tgz"
>
> Looked for it, but only found bdi8-1bin.aa(a,b, and c).
> (grabbed them anyway)

Whoops...the file can be found by following
the link 'Programs' on the BDI page.
www.linuxcnc.org/bdi

> > next delete a line in the source code of a
> > file called "dro.c". Look in /emc/src/emcmot
> > The line to delete is "#define extern"
>
> Uh-huh.
> I don't seem to have that.
> (the src folder or the file)

It should be there. the complete
path is /usr/local/emc/src/emcmot
Somebody speak up if I have this wrong.

> > Copy it to /usr/local/emc and untar.
>
> I tried this, doing it according to the instruction text there.
> It *did* let me do the "cat bdi* > bdi8-1bin.tgz" command,
> but the "tar xzvf bdi8-1bin.tgz" command came back with
>
> "gzip: stdin: not in gzip format
>  tar: Child returned status 1
>  tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors"
>
> Ideas?

Not sure about this one.

> > Run the script BDI_build.  This file will
> > recompile everything on your computer.
>
> Lost me here, sorry, I'm a very ignorant newbie. (:>)

After a change is done to the source code, it has to
be run thru a compiler. The compiler converts text
into machine code that the cpu understands.

Caution...I'm a newbie too.  Maybe just
a few days older. <BG>

Regards,
Allen