Re: Using DRO data for feedback

From: "Jack Ensor" <jensor-at-qis.net>

> Is it possible or has it been done?
>
> I wonder if EMC is structured to use output from a DRO for position
> feedback and to generate the phase signals to drive the stepper
> motors on my Bridgeport mill which currently has a Bandit I system.

Hey Jack,

If I'm understanding this correctly, yes.
>From what I understand, if you edit the ini file to use smdromod.o
it will use feedback from encoders to use to insure that the steppers
are indeed in the correct place.

My problem is that my ini file doesn't list smdromod.o,
and editing it in to it doesn't seem to have any effect
because spinning the encoders doesn't change anything on the screen.

Doing a search for smdromod.o results in finding nothing for me.
Try it on your end and let me know.

'Course, I've only been doing this a few weeks and could be way off base
here...

Weyland