Z axis Offsets

I think there is a problem with the BDI and ray's tarball
concerning axis offsets. I am running freqmod, commanded,
relative and world.

My Z axis home switch is at the top of travel and set to 0.
First thing I do is Home all Axis' and make sure offsets = 0
Before running the program I will move Z to -2" and do a
right click on the Z axis and set Z = 0. Axis offset goes to
-2.00. Now when I run the program everything works great
with my cutting taking place at -.2", which is actually 2.2"
below true zero (home switch). So far everything is ok

At program end, the axis offset for Z goes to zero and
rerunning the program will send the Z axis to the true zero
point, with cutting taking place at true -.2

Line 290 of the program was G0G53Z0 and I thought
that was the offending line and removed the G53 even
though G53 is only supposed to turn off offsets for that
block and the program issues a G54 at the beginning.
Same problem with or without the G53

The EMC still has those offsets in there somewhere
because if after the program runs, I do a Z-2 in MDI
mode, the offset still reads 0. Then right click on the
Z axis and set it at 0 the offset jumps to -4

Here is the offending program. Could someone try
this and let me know it it's just me totally confused
or is there really something wrong.

Also when starting TkEmc the actual radio button
is checked even though Commanded is the default
in the INI file.

(PROGRAM NAME - TEST)
(DATE=DD-MM-YY - 25-08-01 TIME=HH:MM - 14:13)
(1/8 FLAT ENDMILL TOOL - 1 DIA. OFF. - 1 LEN. - 1 DIA. - .125)
N100G20
N110G90G40G49G80
N120T1M6
N130G0G90G54X0.Y9.8748S4278M3