abort

Hello list,
I have another strange behavior going on....  In TkEmc, what does the ABORT
button do that M30 doesn't?  Let me explain.  Before I run a part program I
manually jog the machine to a known feature on the part and set program zero
with g92.  When I run the program, at the end when it sees the M30 it
cancels the offsets I set with g92 but fortunately it writes them out ie
g92.2 so I just go back to MDI and enter g92.3 and I'm back in business.
_However_ , if I ABORT the running program before it finishes all hell
breaks loose.  The offsets get really weird - even if I do a g92.3.  I might
enter g0x0 and x will move - but so will z.  X won't stop at zero, keeps
going, hit abort again.  Try homing Z and it homes but displays 4.000.
There is no tool length offset in effect.  I try to zero Z by entering g92z0
and the display changes to 7.000!  At this point I just shut the thing down,
restart, get the test indicator back out and start over.

Puzzled...

Joel