Re: 4th axis in EMC

On Fri, 24 Aug 2001, Malte wrote:
> Hi,
> what have I to change to get a 4th axis in EMC to work.

This answer assumes that the 4th is a rotation around one of the
first three.  If your design requires the use of non Cartesian kinematics,
ask Till for help!

1 - Add the extra axis to your ini file and change the number and
names of the axes to match.

2 - Download and use the recent stuff from sourceforge or
linuxcnc.org/dropbox because it will show as many axes as you have defined
in your ini file.  If you use the BDI, the files are named BDI8-1bin.*.  If
you compile your own, use the emc8-3src.* files.

Find the outputs in your hardware and you should be good to go.

Hope this helps.  When you get the machine going, send a link so we can see
it.