Re: Tool tables

Being new to EMC I haven't had time to try all this stuff but here are my
thoughts.

Ethan Vos wrote:

> And now for the next problem:
>
> If I understand correctly, the G43 only works in the Z axis and the G41 and
> G42 will only work in the XY axis.

I believe that is correct. G43Hn is tool length comp. G42Dn is tool Dia. (in XY
plane only).

> I need to make tool length adjustments in the X axis both positive and
> negative as well as tool diameter adjustments in the Z axis (Horizontal
> spindle along the X axis)

You might be able to use variables in your program that act on the programmed
tool path rather than the tool offsets.

> Could I write to a variable and add the variable (either positive or
> negative) to the tool length and diameter?
>
> Is it only the offset that is called up during the G41,2,3 or the entire
> tool table?

It should read just the offset called by either Hn for tool length or Dn for
tool diameter.

> Where is an example of a widget that writes data to a variable? I'd like to
> play with that for a bit. I have about 200 programs that I need to use and
> they are identical except for the start position, end position and arc
> radius. I think it'd be easier to fill in those parameters and have the
> program pick up on those rather than write 200 or so programs.
>
> Also, where is the file that has all the Tkemc information. I'm going to
> have to add some widgets to it.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Ethan

That's about all the help I can offer at this time.

Dale