RTL Symbolic link

I just installed the BDI on a new computer. No problems, except when
I try to run EMC I get the message, 'you appear to be running Real time
linux v.3 but I can't find it. Install or make a symbolic link to the directory
where rtl 3.0 resides' (that's not the exact wording). I am sure I just need
to make a symbolic link to rtl but where do I put it? I think this happened
the first time I installed the BDI but I don't remember what I did to fix it.

Thanks
Bill