NML channel question

Should all channels to the same buffer need to have unique "proc"
names?  That is, whether they are in different processes or not.  Could I
create two channels, stat_1 and stat_2 like this:

	RCS_STAT_CHANNEL stat_1(fmt, "sts_buf", "main_proc", "rcshello.nml");
	RCS_STAT_CHANNEL stat_2(fmt, "sts_buf", "main_proc", "rcshello.nml");

Normally, of course channels will be in different processes.  I'm just
writing a test program to see if I really understand what's going on.

Thanks in advance,

Don