Re: arc file?

Don McLane wrote:

> Does anyone have an architecture file for the minimill machine?  I
> wanted to see if I could get the diagapplet to work.  Java is installed,
> and the diagapplet comes up.  But it needs a .arc file (I think).
>
> Thanks
>
> Don
> dmclane-at-ieee.org
> Servo To Go, Inc.

The .arc ( short for Architecture)  files were mostly renamed .cfg
(short for Configuration).  Although the tool doesn't really care what
the extension is. I have attached a hopefully fairly generic emc.cfg
which should work with sim, bridgeport, minimill, stepper etc. I hadn't
used diagapplet in months so I noticed that some of the modules didnt
connect to it until I made some mods in the diagapplet and in emcsvr.
I've checked these mods into  CVS if you are really interested.

To run it in one xterm

cd emc
./sim.run

and in another

cd emc

java -jar ~/rcslib/plat/java/lib/diagapplet.jar HierarchyFile=emc.cfg

Lots of features still don't work, mostly because EMC and RCSLIB were
developed simultaneously and a lot of the EMC modules were developed
with older RCS methods/conventions. So if there is a particular feature
you can't get to work, don't be too surprised.

-- Will

William Penn Shackleford III			shackle-at-nist.gov
National Institute of Standards & Technology	Tel:	(301) 975-4286
100 Bureau Drive Stop 8230  			FAX:	(301) 990-9688
Gaithersburg MD  20899  USA
http://www.isd.mel.nist.gov/personnel/shackleford/
Office Location: Bldg. 220 Rm A253

options{
	AppDir="";
	AppName="tmp";
	CppExt=".cc";
	HppExt=".hh";
	ObjExt=".o";
	RcsLibDir="/usr/local/rcslib";
	ListModulesByNumber=false;
	MODULE_WIDTH=160;
	MODULE_HEIGHT=60;
	MODULE_X_SPACING=50;
	MODULE_Y_SPACING=40;
	VCT="RCS";
	AutoCheckin=true;
	AutoCheckout=true;
}

task{
	child="tool";
	cmd_buffer_name="emcCommand";
	stat_buffer_name="emcStatus";
	cmd_types="src/emcnml/emc.hh";
	stat_types="src/emcnml/emc.hh";
	SourceCodeDirectory="src/emctask/";
	nml_configuration_file="emc.nml";
	class_name="TASK_MODULE";
	MainLoopName="task";
	cycle_time=0.1;
	host=localhost;
	release_include_dir="/plat/$(PLAT)/include";
	module_number=1;
}

aux{
	cmd_types="src/emcnml/emc.hh";
	stat_types="src/emcnml/emc.hh";
	cmd_buffer_name="auxCmd";
	stat_buffer_name="auxSts";
	SourceCodeDirectory="src/emcio/";
	nml_configuration_file="emc.nml";
	class_name="AUX_MODULE";
	MainLoopName="io";
	cycle_time=0.1;
	host=localhost;
	release_include_dir="/plat/$(PLAT)/include";
	module_number=3;
}

spindle{
	cmd_types="src/emcnml/emc.hh";
	stat_types="src/emcnml/emc.hh"";
	cmd_buffer_name="spindleCmd";
	stat_buffer_name="spindleSts";
	SourceCodeDirectory="src/emcio/";
	nml_configuration_file="emc.nml";
	class_name="SPINDLE_MODULE";
	MainLoopName="io";
	cycle_time=0.1;
	host=localhost;
	release_include_dir="/plat/$(PLAT)/include";
	module_number=2;
}

tool{
	child="aux";
	child="spindle";
	child="lube";
	child="coolant";
	cmd_types="src/emcnml/emc.hh";
	stat_types="src/emcnml/emc.hh";
	cmd_buffer_name="toolCmd";
	stat_buffer_name="toolSts";
	SourceCodeDirectory="src/emcio/";
	nml_configuration_file="emc.nml";
	class_name="TOOL_MODULE";
	MainLoopName="io";
	cycle_time=0.1;
	host=localhost;
	release_include_dir="/plat/$(PLAT)/include";
	module_number=4;
}

coolant{
	cmd_types="src/emcnml/emc.hh";
	stat_types="src/emcnml/emc.hh";
	cmd_buffer_name="coolantCmd";
	stat_buffer_name="coolantSts";
	SourceCodeDirectory="src/emcio/";
	nml_configuration_file="emc.nml";
	class_name="COOLANT_MODULE";
	MainLoopName="io";
	cycle_time=0.1;
	host=localhost;
	release_include_dir="/plat/$(PLAT)/include";
	module_number=5;
}

lube{
	cmd_types="src/emcnml/emc.hh";
	stat_types="src/emcnml/emc.hh";
	cmd_buffer_name="lubeCmd";
	stat_buffer_name="lubeSts";
	SourceCodeDirectory="src/emcio/";
	nml_configuration_file="emc.nml";
	class_name="LUBE_MODULE";
	MainLoopName="io";
	cycle_time=0.1;
	host=localhost;
	release_include_dir="/plat/$(PLAT)/include";
	module_number=6;
}