following error / Angular axis

I just finished the hard part, getting Mandrake linux, rtlinux, and emc up
and running with my hardware.  Now I have emc reportin the arm's position,
and moving the arm.  I am getting the "following error" whenever I move
either axis.  The robot also has two polar axis, but EMC is reporting the
X,Y positions as direct reads from the controller rather than trying to
interpolate the x,y based on the movement of both encoders.

I'm sure there are alot of things in the ini file that aren't quite right
yet, but I don't understand enough yet to get them set right.

One oddity that i notice, is joggin the x, y axis in one direction moves
very slowly, while the other direction takes off like a racecar.  ( any
particular setting that effect this)?

Anyone have a good Angular sample ini file?

--
Granville Barker