Re: Home switch oddities

On Wed, 06 Jun 2001, Joe and Jason wrote:
> Hello List,
>    We have just installed BDI EMC. Everything went well. However we are
> still experiencing the same problem we had with other installs.
>    When we set the home switch polarities so that emc thinks its setting on
> the home switch when we home we don't get the green letters.

What color letters do you get when you first start up?

Does it come out of estop and show "ESTOP RESET" when you press f1 or click
on estop off?

Does it show "ON" as the label in the estop button when you press f2 or
click on machine on?

Does anything happen when you press home?

Do you have motors and encoders connected?

I went back and looked over the ini that you posted with the earlier
request in Feb.  You say that this is an stg2 board but you are using an
earlier version of the stg driver code.  If you look in
emc/plat/realtime/lib you will find all of the possibilities listed as
stg***.o.

1 - My guess is that you need to use stg_v2_8axis_mod.o or stg2mod.o
in your ini but these are only guesses.

2 - Why do you use 0x240 as the base address for the board?

3 - There is a P = 0 in the third axis definition.  This would quickly
cause a following error fault if you have motors and encoders connected.

4 - There are several differences between axes for switch and fault
polarity definitions that might cause problems with getting it out of estop
and homed out if you don't really have switches connected that way.

HTH