Re: G92-program zero

Dave,
Are you dialing in a start position and then in the program using a G92 to set
part zero with out any X/Y/Z moves? Or are you dialing in a known position,
setting that as "Machine Zero" then in the program moving to X/Y/Z position and
then doing G92?
If you are doing it the first way, you have no reference to a known zero so when
you end the program you loose your zero because the machine goes to your unknown
zero point.
Use known points such as a home position and a corner of the fixture or vise and
you will not loose your zero.
Darrell

Subject: Re: G92-program zero