Re: BDI - Emc >.ini files

Hi George,

Its all on the BDI CD - if you look among the directories you will find
almost all the documentation which is normally available on EMC and setting
it up.
The main things you need to do in the .ini file are to make sure that
steppermod is the selected option, put a ; in front of the 'period' entry
and set the 'input_scale' to the number of steps per inch or millimetre you
will have (e.g. on my machine I have 200 step steppers running in 1/2 step
mode, therefore 400 steps per rev, and these are geared down 3:1 onto a 1mm
leadscrew. Therefore, my INPUT_SCALE parameter is 1200). If you're running
in inches, the OUTPUT_SCALE parameter needs to be the same figure but if
you're using metric you will probably need to make it 1/10th the value to
get a correct display.
I have been playing with freqmod recently and can't see any real difference
with it except that I can get the steppers to turn just a little faster. In
this case you leave the 'PERIOD' parameter uncommented out and choose a
value of it which gives you the best operation of your motors.

Have a look at the documentation on the disk and then come back with any
particular problems.

Ian
--
Ian W. Wright