Re: ini questions

----- Original Message -----
From: Chris Stratton <stratton-at-mdc.net>
> Anyway, try lowering the maximum velocity parameters, both in the
> trajectory section and the axis sections.

All,
Why IS there a maximum velocity parameter in both the [TRAJ] and the [AXIS]
sections?  Why wouldn't just one parameter in each axis section be enough?
  I ran into a situation last night where I think EMC was getting confused
with the two parameters.  I had max velocity set to .750 in the [TRAJ]
section and .416 in the [AXIS] section for axis 0.  I was in MDI mode and
typed 'G0X5' and before the axis got to 5 I hit the abort button.  Then I
type 'X0' and the axis goes the other way - but faster.  If I abort the move
before it gets to 0 and then enter X0 again, it continues at an even
different speed.  It seems to pick a random speed when rapiding in the minus
direction following an aborted move.  If I change the INI file and make both
max velocity parameters equal then it does not exibit this strange behavior.

Joel