RE: Adding a DAC, DRO wrapping

Charly wrote:

My personal dream would be a chip like ADMC401(see attach.).  This motor
control chip has a encoder and pwm and dac plus can run almost any motor
made even ac.

So yes include code.  If noone else wants it, I sure do.

---
I also would like to use the ADMC401.  It has output as pwm, and
high quality A/D converters.  The only thing that I am not happy about
is that it only has one encoder interface per chip.  TI has a chip with
two encoder interfaces, but I forget which model.  The entry price for
TI is a lot more though: a minimum $1000 investment vs. free download from
AD.  I was looking at the smaller chips AD makes, which don't have encoder
interfaces, like the F327.  Those chips have very similar I/O to the ADMC401
 without the encoder or parallel interface, but the pin count goes down from
144 pins to 28.  That seems a lot more hobbist friendly.  The cool thing
about these chips is the ability to drive motors with very little extra
circuitry.

As far as the emc wrapper code, emcmot is the wrapper, and stg is a very
good starting place.  The real problem is adding your code into the make
files