Re: CVS source code

Steve Carlisle wrote:

> Paul, you may want to try this link to help you access the CVS
>
> Steve
>
> http://members.home.net/cncstuff/emc.html
>
> ----------
>
>> From: Paul D. Fincato <fincato-at-infinet.com>
>> To: Multiple recipients of list <emc-at-nist.gov>
>> Subject: CVS source code
>> Date: Monday, May 14, 2001 4:02 PM
>>

>> Hi all,
>>
>> Does one have to a be a member of the development team to obtain the
>> 'anonymous' CVS source on sourceforge.net
>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/emc ?
>>
>> I've tried using the method suggested in
>> http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=47933&forum_id=20922
>> for access but I keep getting this error:
>>
>> Fatal error, aborting.
>> anonymous: no such user
>>
>> I'm using a blank password.  At first I tried this at work and thought it
>> may be a firewall issue, but I can't access it from my home account
>
> either.
>
>> Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Paul

I'm sorry about forgetting to mention this. About a week or so
ago sourceforge upgraded one of their systems and changed
CVS such that the capitalization for the  "EMC" just after cvsroot
  should now be lowercase "emc".

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous-at-cvs.EMC.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/emc login

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous-at-cvs.EMC.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/emc co -P
emc rcslib

You shouldn't need an account just to get code out of cvs, only
to check code back in.

-- Will

William Penn Shackleford III			shackle-at-nist.gov
National Institute of Standards & Technology	Tel:	(301) 975-4286
100 Bureau Drive Stop 8230  			FAX:	(301) 990-9688
Gaithersburg MD  20899  USA
http://www.isd.mel.nist.gov/personnel/shackleford/
Office Location: Bldg. 220 Rm A253