Compiling own kinematics?

Hello,

I am new to EMC and trying to setup a 6-axis parallel kinematic.
I have some problems compiling my own *.o-file. When emc loads this file my computer crashes. The kinematics in the .c and the .h file seemed to work fine when I used older versions of RTLinux and EMC .
Now I am using RedHat6.2, RTLinux2.2 and EMC1.1.17 everything works fine but my own file.
So maybe someone could give me a short explanation on how the makefiles have to be modified to compile own .o-files.

Thanks
Oliver