Re: PPMC, etc.

Steve Carlisle wrote:

> Dave what advantages has the PPMC over the other
> available PC bus multifunction cards?  Is there any
> speed reductions from sending a special command
> language over the parralell bus, as opposed to the
> PC bus? Finally what is the cost of the motherboard,
> dac card, encoder card and cables?

Steve,
I'm going to let Jon and Matt do the marketing. I was
just the guinea pig ( it takes practice to squeal like
one).
Separation from the computer, easier hookup are
advantages for me. It is not necessarily much less
expensive.
Once we got past the parallel card   problem it came up
rather easily.

Dave

p.s. Jon can give you prices, transfer rates, etc.