Re: Parport problem(s)

Coen,

I think you will have problems comming out of E-Stop if you are
using bridgeportio. you need to change it to minimillio. They are
located near the bottom of the ini file. Those filenames may not
be right but they are close to that. I believe the bridgeport file
moves some of the io to the second parallel port. You can also
try changing the polarity of the min and max limit switch parameters
under each axis. The EMC will not come out of E-Stop if it senses
one of the limit switches is made

See the handbook below.

http://www.linuxcnc.org/handbook/index.html

Bill

Hello,

Thank you Tim for helping with the PERIOD parameter problem.

I'am still "somewhat running aroud" but now with EMC 17 Sep 1999
the EMC starts up in realtime! And is waiting for me to ground
pin 13 of the parallel port. (E-STOP Locked? Jon Elson to Till Franitza,
 12 Oct 1999) But the EMC does not come out of E-STOP. Am I doing
something wrong in the startup sequence? Pressing F1 within several
seconds after making pin 13 True or something like that?

I already made my own "parallel port status read program" When I ground
pin 13 I see a change of status of this pin, but the EMC not.
I added an extra ISA-card with 2 parallel ports on it, the BIOS lists both
ports during booting.

Where can I find the "testppt" program?

Thanks,
Coen Olthof