From: Coen Olthof [coen.olthof-at-hetnet.nl]
Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2001 2:25 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: steppermod.o ---> symbol for parameter PERIOD not found

Hi all,

After a long strugle with Linux: installing, howto..., compiling, searching
for the right sources etc, I have something running now!!!
But I have a problem:

After starting ./sim.run I see:
"can't find [AXIS_0] DEADBAND, using default"
"can't find [AXIS_0] MAX_VELOCITY, using default"
same for axis 1 and 2, but starting continues and I see the blue XEMC
 screen. After pressing F1, F2 and selecting a program: cds.ngc
simulation runs OK, so far so good!

Now the real problem: after starting ./emc.run message:
"symbol for parameter PERIOD not found" appears and the script exits.
What is going wrong?

Can you give me some tips where to look, or even better THE solution!

My system:
Pentium 75, 32Mb
RedHat 5.2 (out of the box)
RT linux 1.1 (could not find release 09J)
For my RT-Kernel I used a 2.0.36 source from www.kernel.org
RT Modules rtl_sched.o and rtl_fifo.o seem to run OK.
EMC release: 07_Jun_2000_2_0_36

Thanks,
Coen Olthof