Re: Steppermotor

On Sun, 04 Mar 2001, Malte wrote:
> Hi all,
> what have I to change in emc.ini for a steppermotor using 1/8 step and
> 1600 steps for a ration. With one ration he makes 4mm.
> That means 400 steps for a mm.
>
> Bye
> Malte Ruetemann

Malte

Hello and welcome.

The first thing that you need is the setting of the LINEAR_UNITS variable.
In generic.ini, tt looks like this below.

; Trajectory planner section --------------------------------------------------
[TRAJ]

AXES =                  3
; COORDINATES =         X Y Z R P W
COORDINATES =           X Y Z
HOME =                  0 0 0
LINEAR_UNITS =          0.03937007874016

If you have it set as above, that means the units are inches.  If you set
it like this

LINEAR_UNITS = 1.00

then the program will be computing in millimeters.

Now you need to set INPUT and OUTPUT scale.  In the case where LINEAR UNITS
is set to 1.0 you will need

; Axes sections ---------------------------------------------------------------

; First axis
[AXIS_0]

INPUT_SCALE =     400    0
OUTPUT_SCALE =  400 0.000

You only need to set output scale to equal input scale if you are using
freqmod.o.  For steppermod.o it does not matter.

If you are using LINEAR_UNITS = 0.03937007874016 then you would need to
multiply by the inch mm conversion to the accuracy you require.

INPUT_SCALE =     10160    0
OUTPUT_SCALE =  10160    0.000

If I may ask, where are you located in Germany?