Re: home/limit switches - combined

Joel Jacobs wrote:

> Since the software limits aren't terribly useful - they don't stay relative
> to machine zero,  would it be possible to wire one switch to both the home
> input and a limit input?

If the software limits don't stay relative to machine zero, then that's
a bug that needs to be fixed. You might try G92, rather than G10L2Pn, as
a workaround until this can be fixed.

> I understand EMC only looks at the home input
> while homing and ignores it thereafter.  What I don't know is does EMC
> ignore the limit switches while homing?  I would think it would have to to
> combine these functions.  Anyone tried this?

Actually, during a homing cycle the axis will home against the first
switch it hits (limit switch OR home switch), this is to allow for
systems that don't have home switches. I've used this setup on a
Bridgeport since they only have one switch for each of the X and Y axes.

Matt