RE: TKemc

The stepper systems are pretty demanding upon the computer compared to the
servo system. While I have heard that the servos will perform fine on a
Pentium 100 my experience with the steppers is that you need more
horsepower. Even between steppermod and freqmod there is a big difference in
resource demand. steppermod can seem to get away with something in the 266 -
333 range but freqmod needs a 450 or better. Of course if you are running
low step rates you will not need the processing power, but I really needed
it with 8,000 steps per inch and 180 ipm feed.

Tim
[Denver, CO]