Clarification on a few things

Hello EMC users,
I intend installing EMC onto my computer and I wanted to clarify a few
things before I get started. I have a computer which is a pentium 100 with
two hard drives (not sure what sizes) and 40 Mb of ram, with three
partitions. I run Windows 95 in one partition, in another I have Red Hat
Linux 5.2 (2.2.14) installed and soon Real Time Linux 2.2 will be
installed as well, in the third partition I have had someone starting to
install Red Hat Linux 6.2 but we had some problems with that which I will
worry about at a later stage, at this point getting EMC up and running
(which I have never installed before)with Red Hat 5.2 is the most important
task. I intend using EMC on both a lathe and a 4 axis milling machine (by
making the servo motor mounts interchangable with both machines) and I
expect to be using a Servo to Go card. Now for the questions.....
1 EMC 0.9-25.i386-rt12.2.tgz is the latest and prefered version of EMC and
what I should be installing, correct?
2 I've heard a bit about TCL/TK but I'm not sure exacty what it is and
whether it's part of the EMC main files, any info would help.
3 bkplot1.tgz, tkbackplot.tcl & allnew3dbackplot are presumably add on
programs? Are they independent of each other? Should I install all of them?
4 TKEMC-pc_2.gz  TK EMC front end apparently, I have no idea what a front
end is, what do I do with this file, should I be using 4AXTKEMC instead or
as well to get 4 axies working?
5 EMC-0.9-25.src.tgz This file is source code and not required to get EMC
running, correct? And something I need not be downloading as I have no
programming knowledge at all, yes?
6 emccannon.cc I had a browse over this file but it didn't make a great deal
of sense to me, is it important?
7 singleservo.tgz Do I need to download and install this file?
8 Any other words of advice from experienced EMCers, any Linux info sites
you can recomend, I have no Linux experience what so ever?

Thanks very much
David Preston