Re: Lathe Hexapod

At 10:03 PM 2/25/01 -0500, you wrote:

>hmmm...
>I can picture it ( wouldnt the strut 'cage' trap big balls of chips?)
Lay two legs of the cage down, with a big hole in the bottom to drop the
chips through?  Suck the parts through the center of the tool ring into a
hopper.  Probably a good way to clog things up with chips....

>you could mount the tool 'ring' as a 2 DOF planar hexapod
>but I'm not sure there would be any advantage to it in this case
>
>Brian

I thought maybe it could be a cheap way of building a CNC lathe.  No cast
iron to scrape, no linear ways to align.  Put it together, don't worry
about alignment, cut a test part, measure the part, input measurements into
control- then cut the rest of the parts perfect....?

Thanks,
Dan