Re: What services are NOT needed with EMC

John

I was using a hard hat linux install for a bit.  It was an initial CD from
then and took about 150 meg for thin install.  Mandrake will install 7.2
with the developer definition on as small as 200 meg.  You might have to
cut a few packages and add a few others in order to develop with it.

I have been talking with some fellows who think that they can get it all
into a 64 meg disk-on-chip or compact-flash.

Once we get matching rpm's for rt and emc we will be able to install in a
much smaller space 'cause we won't need the development stuff.  Like Paul,
I'd keep a network handy and use it for part-program storage and such.

Ray