Trajectory planner/blending

Will,

About blending,
currently I am testing the trajectory planner on a machine to
do plotting with relative high speeds.
Due to the current blending algorithm there are large errors at
the corners. Without blending the motion is really not smooth.
( Cad generated pieces of lines).

If it is possible to start blending the next move not at, but after deceleration has started,
these errors would be much less.
The speed in the corners would slow down, but not stop, still having relative
smooth motion.
(even better would be a third order profile instead of the current second order,
but thats for later).

I know that on european NC controllers like Heidenhain and Philips,
You can specify the distance from the endpoint of a move where blending is allowed
to start. This distance is specified with a G-Code.

This would be a great improvement for the trajectory planner.
My guess is that for a person who understands the mathematics this
should not be that hard to implement, is it?

Bert