Re: Compile only with USE_OLD_INTERPRETER=1

Adriaan Pelzer wrote:

> Hi Group,
>
> Yesterday night I compiled the latest source from the repository (which I had
> to clean with perl scripts first, for I downloaded it on a M$Windoze machine -
> what a mission!).
> The rcslibs compiled just fine, but emc could only compile with
> USE_OLD_INTERPRETER=1 set. If it's not set, it runs into troubles when trying to
> copy stuff into the emc/plat/linux_2_2_14/src/rs274ngc_new(**something like
> this**) directory, which is not there. Compiling with that variable set gives a
> working emc, though.
>
> Anyone know what is wrong here?
>
> Regards,
>
> Adriaan Pelzer
>
> ----------------------------------
> E-Mail: Adriaan Pelzer <adriaan-at-trispen.com>
> Date: 31-Jan-01
> Time: 08:30:30
>
> This message was sent by XFMail
> ----------------------------------

The makefile should have called install -d to create those directories.

If  you like debugging make files

cd emc/src/rs274ngc_new
make make_dirs ECHO_EVERYTHING=1

I have GNU fileutils 4.0p, another version might make install and/or
mkdir behave slightly differently.

Otherwise you could probably just run mkdir manually

cd emc/plat/linux_2_2_14/lib
mkdir rs274ngc_new
cd ../src
mkdir rs274ngc_new
cd ../bin
mkdir rs274ngc_new
cd ../include
mkdir rs274ngc_new

William Penn Shackleford III			shackle-at-nist.gov
National Institute of Standards & Technology	Tel:	(301) 975-4286
100 Bureau Drive Stop 8230  			FAX:	(301) 990-9688
Gaithersburg MD  20899  USA
http://www.isd.mel.nist.gov/personnel/shackleford/
Office Location: Bldg. 220 Rm A253