Re: EMC for Floppy Disk

Doug Fortune wrote:

> John Ross wrote:
>
> > I know I'm still in the dark ages, but is there still a way to get EMC on
> > floppies.  The EMC version I have is broken down to ???.aaa, ???.aab... to
> > fit on floppies.  I was going to upgrade to the 7-june release (is this the
> > latest version?) but I can't find it in the .aaa .aab.... format.
>
> probably just put them all on the hard disk and go:
>
> cat  fname.[a-z][a-z][a-z] > fname.tgz

Re-reading your post, I answered the inverse of your question
the first time.  I now presume you have a single big file which
you want to make into many small files (each to fit on a floppy).

try this Unix/Linux command:

split -b 1440000 bigfile

which will make as many as necessary 1,440,000 byte smaller files
named:  xaa, xab, xac ....

the last file will probably be shorter.

Hope this helps
Doug Fortune