Re: new release first problems

On Thu, 25 Jan 2001, Ian wrote:
<s>I copied
> these across from my 2.0.36 machine but perhaps they should be modified to
> work on 2.2.14? Perhaps I too need to start again and fall back to Mandrake
> 7.

Ian

I'm pretty sure that copying the EMC from 2.0.36 to 2.2.14 won't work.  But
the good news is that the latest RPM on the sourceforge site works for me.
It is less than a floppy big and many of the things that we are used to
aren't in there.  But it does start with just the rpm install.  There is no
compile, so if you have a working version of rtlinux-2.2 and linux-2.2.14
and Tcl/Tk *.0+ installed it should go.  Even if your Tcl/Tk stuff isn't
right, you should be able to run with xemc and yemc.

Oh, I get some error messages about nml size in the terminal window from
which I start the emc.  Something about NML having 136 of something and
expecting 140.  But the program seems to run.