CVS EMC up and running but how to reverse Z ?

Hello.

I just recently got CVS version (22.1.2001) up and running with RH 7.0
on base and RTLinux v2.2 (2.2.14 kernel) on top of it. I had to get
kgcc package and use that to compile kernel. And then I had to use
"new" gcc to compile emc/rcslib. Also I had to make couple of changes
to emc-files:

#include <string.h>

to following files:

emc/src/emctask/emcsvr.cc
emc/src/emcsim/inisim.cc
emc/src/emcsim/simstatprint.cc
emc/src/emctask/emctask.cc
emc/src/emctask/inimot.cc
emc/src/emctask/emcdummy.cc

and

#include <stdlib.h> to emc/src/emctask/emcsvr.cc

After that it went quite smoothly to end. And now I have even
backplotting working ;-)

###################

But my -question- : how to alter the direction of axis ?
JOGGING_POLARITY does just that but in strange way. It seems that it
also changes the coordinates to go "upside-down". My Z axis is going
up when I push PGDN and down with PGUP. Coordinates move to negative
with PGDN and positive with PGUP - so they are ok.

If I alter the value of JOGGING_POLARITY, I can get the axis move to up with PGUP
and down with PGDN but then coordinates are upside down, positive for
down and negative for up.

I hope you can get a hold of my explanation, I'm not sure if it was so
clear ;-)

One thing more, it's working OK with freqmotor.o module but with
steppermod.o this is as I described. I would use freqmotor.o
but it leaves motors "on" (they shake a bit or turn slowly to either
direction) after moves. The "shaking" may or may not go away when I
press "HOME" on that axis. Steppermod.o doesn't do that.

I hope somebody can help me here.

Regards,

Henry Palonen
h-at-yty.net

PS. I put some more information about how to get going with RH 7.0 on
base to http://www.yty.net/cnc in case anyone is interested.