Re: 5-axis machine controller

> yep that would work for wave steping
> or
> for a four-phase stepper  two-windings-on step sequence
> rename phase-A & B to coil-A & B
> and add an inverter (2ea 7414 for all 6 motors) so that
> coil-A
> 	wire-1= true
> 	wire-2=!true
>
> coil-B
> 	wire-3= true
> 	wire-4=!true
>
> gives
> (more of the TABs here)
>   dir   p13  p19	   coil-A	   coil-B
> 			wire-1	wire-2	wire-3	wire-4
>   |  ^   0    0	=	 0	 1	 0	 1
>   |  |   1    0	=	 1 	 0	 0	 1
>   +  -   1    1	=	 1	 0	 1	 0
>   |  |   0    1	=	 0	 1	 1	 0
>   v  |   0    0	=	 0	 1	 0	 1
>
> still cant half step but gives a bit more torque
> basicly replaces the standard step/direction translation circuit
> for a simple unipolar setup

Thanks, that is another good idea.

I DO have the parts to generate the signals from step and direction
l297 & 298? ICs, the problem is I only have one set and want to build
the real board with them.
I'd like to have the basic board working to build the final one.
By the same token I'd like to have BOTH boards functional when I switch
to the final design if I have to rework it or have a problem and have to
revert to the first board for a while.

Something I can hack together from common TTL building blocks would
work well for that.

Marc