Re: 5-axis machine controller

I'm a longtime Linux hack, and there are some things about rtLinux
and EMC that it harder to get running than the typical gnu './config ;
make'

Although I'm a longtime slackware user, I ended up having good luck with
an old redhat 6.0 distribution, rtlinux 2.2a, and the latest EMC out of
the
CVS server as of a month ago.  (There is a self-reply to a help message
on
the EMC page of sourceforge that had good directions.  Be sure you have
CVS installed).

I modifed the source to use a homebrew DRO board I made based on
HCTL2016
encoder chips, and a 24 bit digital IO card.  I endedup needing to
modify
the ext*.c files in the emcmot, emcnml, and emcio directories to get all
of the EMC io functions mapped to my own I/O functions.  There was some
grief here, but when I got it working (and figured out how it works) it
works great.

I'm using EMC to drive 3 G320's spinning servos for a Grizzly mini
mill.  I bought
enough motor so I can "upgrade" my mill without having to re-do my
electronics,
since I've already begun outgrowing it.

Hope this helps

murph