Re: PPMC progress

Here is where the Parallel Port Motion Control project is
now.  I got the PPMC 'device driver' software integrated
into the right place (emcmot) and compiling in pretty short
time.  I expected the Makefile to be a bear, but it wasn't
that hard to integrate the new code into it.

Then, I tried to run it.  I ran into trouble with the
STG_BASE_ADDRESS variable, which I was trying to
hijack to get the parallel port base address to the PPMC
code.  I finally solved that and it loads the RT module, and
apparently starts it OK, as it will shut down without fault
when the rest of the EMC loading process croaks.
That's because the executables for Bridgeportio and
Bridgeporttask aren't there anymore!  In fact, none of the
xxxio or xxxtask executables are there.  They just don't
get compiled anymore.  Digging through the Makefiles, I
note that the emcio directory is the next one processed after
emcmot, so something that I did to the Makefile in emcmot
must have fouled up the state such that the build of emcio
routines no longer functions correctly.  Any suggestions of
what to look for in the Makefile that can cause whole sections
of EMC to not be built, without any error messages being
generated would be appreciated.  I will have to pick apart
the log file from the ./compile run tonight looking for clues.

Thanks, everyone, and I hope to have more progress to
report soon.