RE: High stepper rate troubles

On Mon, 27 Nov 2000, Tim Goldstein wrote:

> I ran into the same problem when I was testing G320 step and direction servo
> drives with EMC and 1000 line encoders. The results of that test and
> discussions with Mariss is what lead to the creation of the G340. You may
> want to contact Mariss and see if you can exchange the G201 for the pulse

Thanks to Lawrence, I finally got the machine running using freqmod.o.  I
have found that everything works pretty well at 10 ipm.  At 20, I start
loosing steps -- I believe this is a cabling problem.  However, for my
purposes 10ipm is probably fast enough.

Also, I will try the new CVS version as soon as I figure out how to
download and compile it all.

> multiplied version. Also, what speed computer are you using? A faster
> processor would be of some value.

It's an Intel Celeron 433.

Thanks,
John.