emc-0.9-25

Hi,

I'm trying to install EMC on a machine which is running Mandrake 7.1 with a
new kernel built from rtlinux-2.3-pre2.prepatched.tar.gz. However, I have an
error message which I don't seem clever enough to sort out - probably
because it doesn't tell me what to do in VERY simple language!!

The message is:
The current real-time platform appears to be rtlinux_2_3 but no directory
exists for this platform. Either install EMC for this platform or create a
symbolic link to an existing platform.

I know the message seems to make sense but..... my current linux directory
is rtlinux-2.3 (no underscores in sight) and, although I tried changing the
'plat' variable in the 'sim.ini' script to 'rtlinux-2.3', the message didn't
go away when I tried './sim.run' . Secondly, the message says create
symbolic links but it doesn't say where from or where to!!

Can anyone please help me to get this thing running.

Ian

p.s. does the mbuff problem which someone mentioned a while ago still exist
or affect this combination of software?
--
Ian W. Wright
Sheffield  UK