Re: [RE: emc really needs ] Design and Tcl/Tk

Ray,

The first time I used Tcl/tk was when I hacked Ray's backplotter - Was it
really just two hours ?
Tcl/Tk by it's nature, will be useful to produce some prototype user
interfaces in a short space of time - Hours rather than weeks.
Although, I must agree with Jeff (and others), it is too early to be tied to
one programming language. I too have seen projects fall because of a poor
choice of language was made early on and no one was willing to accept a change.

I'm going to play around with this Cascade beast for a bit - once the source
files have compiled - Two days so far, and still counting.
If (when) I find it to be unsuitable for the task, I will dump it in favour of
something else.

Regards, Paul.