Re: XmEmc

dan falck wrote:

> John,
>
> I tried the demo and think that it will be good for a touch screen.  I like
> the big buttons.
> When I hit estop, everything on the main screen disappears.  I know that
> it's supposed to , but could you leave the axis readouts up so that an
> operator could see where they are at?  I realize that you can hit reset and
> the axis readouts reappear, but I just like to know where the table is at all
> times.  (Not that I've had to hit the estop button in real life much.... : )

This is a VERY good point, because the position readouts essentially
make a DRO when the servos are not powered.  This can be VERY
useful when diagnosing problems and during machine setup, when the
machine can be cranked manually to verify encoder calibration and polarity.
Reading the limit switches could also be very handy, such as when the
machine is left sitting on a limit switch.