Re: Visual Tcl/Tk

Bill

One small correction.  I can't take much credit for tkemc.  That was in
large part Fred's work.  I got in early and watched as he wrote it and
learned a lot from him.  One small problem.  I'm not going to be much help
with visual Tcl/Tk.  I had it here somewhere but found it to be so clunky
that I abandoned in in favor of just hacking code.  I'd be happy to help
you as you work on this project.  I'l;l look for my visual tcl.

Now to the issue.  I wrote a 640x480 gui with a set of buttons alongside
the right edge of the screen.  My plan was to make it work somewhat like
most of the commercial controls that are menu driven.  I very much like
the low res approach for a lot of available hardware.  I think that touch
screen would be awesome.  John Moore from this list borrowed a touch
screen from someone nearby him at his former job and was able to get it to
work at least some with linux 5.2.

That gui got turned into the original tkbackplot which still works al lot
like it did.  If you , or others would like that old 640x480 gui I can
ressurect it for you.  Just send a personal note and it's yours.  Or
easier yet I'll put stkemc.tgz in the linuxcnc.org dropbox again.

If there is enough development interest, I could place that gui in the
sourceforge repository.

Ray