Phase drive stepper mode

I have been experimenting with the phase drive code in the emcmot module. Is
anyone using this on a machine? I have it hooked up to an output monitor
(cable with a bunch of led's hanging off the parallel port) and the results
are a little different than I would expect. During movement, both phase
lines do toggle, but they always stop with both outputs off. The duty cycle
while moving does not appear to be 50% (expected for quadrature phase info).
I expect to see a signal just like the output of a quadrature encoder, so
depending on the position, I would expect to see both lines on or both lines
off or 1 or the other on.... Ie, both off only occurs in 1/4 of the
positions. I realize this is very new code and I am keen to test it/work on
it as required to get it going. I would like to hear from other users of
quadrature drive electronics.
I am using a TMG 3 axis drive system on a mill.
Lawrence Glaister VE7IT             email: lg-at-jfm.bc.ca
1462 Madrona Drive                  http://jfm.bc.ca
Nanoose Bay BC Canada
V9P 9C9